Thursday, January 14, 2010

Why not to use check!

I was in the check out line at Wal-Mart not long ago and a lady held up the entire line trying to purchase 1 thing for well over 5 minutes. She tried a credit card and was denied. Then she had to pull out her check book. Everyone sighed!! The checker asked her for her phone number, she paused, slowly glanced my direction ever so subtly (I was next in line) then proceeded to ask the checker for a piece of paper to write her number on; evidently so I wouldn't hear it. Give me a break, after all that time? I jokingly told her, "I promise I won't call you." She hid behind her smile and refrained from looking back my direction. I don't know what was funnier, the fact that she didn't laugh or smile back at my comment or seeing her hurriedly walk away with her purchase tucked under her arm as if she were smugling drugs out of the store in a mad dash for the door. At least the checker and I thought it was funny!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: