Monday, August 4, 2008

Babies, Babies, and more Babies...

I guess whenever you reach a certain age you always seem to know someone that is pregnant or just had a baby. It seems like for the last two years I have on a continual basis known someone that is pregnant.

When I left my job at Baker Hughes three months ago there were to ladies in my department that were pregnant and one that was on maternity leave. Currently, I know about 5 pregnant woman. My step-mom is pregnant. I am super excited about that. I can't wait for my little sister to get here. I know having a sister that is going to be 27 years younger than me seems weird but I am truly excited and happy for her and my Dad. One of my friends from my old job is also pregnant at this time. I know her and her husband are super excited. They've been together a very long time, although, they've only been married since March of this year. The most recent pregnancy we found out about is Kris and mine's sister-in-law. Her and Kris' brother, Nik already have two young children. I know they are excited as they had been wanting a third child for some time now.

Not only have family and close friends been having kids lately so have quite a few of our clients. Krystle and Chad had a baby girl as did Brandon and Ann. Jessica and Blake also welcomed a baby girl into their household. Celeste and Jeremy had a baby girl as well this past December. Man girls must be in season as my step mom is having a girl as well. I know that we have at least two other clients that are expecting a child in the next couple of months. I guess that is to be expected when we are in the business of weddings. Babies are the natural progression.

I am very excited for every one on the birth of their children. While Kris and I love kids we had set out originally to wait a couple of years to start a family. We've been married a little of a year now. I'd say by next year we might be ready to start for kids of our own. Maybe we'll have a little girl so she can play with and grow up with my little sister.

Congratulations to everyone on their pregnancies or on the recent births of their babies!

Bridget

No comments: