Monday, August 4, 2008

The storm is coming


Bridget and I took a trip to Wal-Mart this afternoon (Monday the 4th) and we were in for a surprise. Having only heard about the storm Sunday night I'm not sure what we really expected. What we found is an unGodly number of people at Wal-Mart on a Monday afternoon. Our thoughts were, "doesn't anybody work?" But then again we were there, right? :) With the scare of tropical storm Edouard coming our way people have exhausted the stock of water in just about every grocery store, Wal-Mart and Target in our area.  What gets me is that this storm is not yet even classified as a hurricane and everybody is going wild trying to stock up on bottled water and dry goods. I'm just like the next guy, wanting to be prepared for whatever may happen, but for the water to have already been sold out is amazing to me.

Now, the wait is on to see if Lone Star College will be open or closed tomorrow. I teach the morning Intro to Multimedia class at North Harris. We'll see if the class meets. If the storms get too bad our studio will be closed.



No comments: